Friday, December 10, 2010

Carbon Copy

Today was a lot like yesterday.  Mom received more chemotherapy, had to wear her mask, and still feels moderately normal.  Sensing that her time to shop is running out, we went on a whirlwind tour of a wig shop, Sally's Beauty Supply, Publix, Sam's, and Lowes.  You gotta do what you gotta do, right?  The surprising part of it all is that we actually bought stuff at most of these places.  I'm so used to shopping with mom and browsing that I just didn't know what to do with myself.  Sorry, no pictures of the wigs she tried on, but I can tell you that she did look good in the ones she tried on.
Mom receiving chemo.  Shirt says "It's a wanderful life."
While last night we had a college-esque meal of tortellini, brocoli, and squash, tonight I took a tip from a friend and made something roughly based on this recipe, only I used butternut squash and onions instead of acorn squash.  Can anyone spot my amateur mistake in the photo?

Thanks for all the emails and comments that people have been sending.  Mom and I have both enjoyed reading them while sitting in the clinic.

Yuuuum

No comments:

Post a Comment