Monday, December 20, 2010

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert of Champions

I (Callie) thought mom summarized the days post-transplant pretty well when she told a nurse at the clinic today, "I know you told me this would be pretty terrible, but I'm not sure I believed you then. I believe you now."

She's doing really well in every area--all is 'normal' to 'good' in the clinic's assessment, but that doesn't mean she's actually feeling normal. We've spent the past few days getting used to the many pills she takes each day and finding out (the hard way) what the side effects are (headaches, nausea) and trying to adjust the schedule to minimize those side effects. Hopefully we're on the right track.

The up side to not feeling well is that she's not quite as envious as she normally would be at missing the holiday parties.

We got out for a 2-3 mile walk yesterday. An added bonus to her required mask is that it keeps her face warmer against the brisk weather we've been having. It's not quite cold enough for me to wear one myself...

She's keeping a smile on her face though. All your thoughts, e-mails, calls and prayers are very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment