Saturday, September 13, 2014

Made it to Medicare

Yes, on September 8 I celebrated my 65th birthday. I made it to Medicare!
What a day it was!  First I had a doctor's appointment where I got the results of the bone marrow biopsy.  Blasts were down, which is slightly promising.  They definitely don't call it remission, but it's better than blasts going up or staying the same. Then Dr. Daniel postponed the next round of chemo until this week.  Was that his birthday present to me?
"Thank you's" go to many Wanda's Warriors.  I got sooo many cards and sooo many emails that day. Turning 65 wasn't too bad. I send a special thank you to those of you who donated blood or sent donations to Blood Assurance. I have had fun with all the pictures you sent. What a surprise!  My niece Mandi is just full of fun ideas!  I love you all!
I will say the chemo is cumulative as far as making me tired.  I haven't been sick though, so I shall not complain, I shall not complain, I shall not . . .
Callie and Davis were here last week. I forgot to get her to do a post. Maybe I can coerce Case into writing a blog during the month that he, Sophie, and Patrick will be here on home leave.  Maybe after the trip to Dana Faber in late September there will be something encouraging to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment