Saturday, March 12, 2011

Looking Back

These last 85 days (plus 10 pre-SCT days = 95 full days of treatment) have added a plethora of knowledge and fresh observations to my life experience, such as
  • Yes, Denise, American Idol is fun (Did you hear ST use that big word?).
  • Wind and wigs are a scary combination.  I almost lost my hair all over again in a strong and chilly wind yesterday.
  • You can learn a lot by sharing life stories with a plethora of fabulous friends, especially when there isn't much else to do.
  • Numbers can be confusing,  They want magnesium levels to be high and creatinine levels to be low.  How confusing!  Why can't they just pick high or low and make it easier on everyone.
  • BORING IS GOOD.  Now this one has been the hardest to really believe.  But that is a direct quote from my doctor, so it must be true.  Seriously, boring IS good in the world of stem cell transplants.  My life has been a little dull of late by most people's standards, but that's okay.  In this case boring means things are going very well indeed.
Two more weeks until they begin to loosen my leash.  I hope many of you will keep me from getting bored by stopping by to chat once I'm home for good.  That will be after the March winds, so maybe I will be able to hold onto the hair!

1 comment:

  1. I just love you to bits. I'm so happy that times are boring for you now. LOL Here's to boredom, health, happiness, and gentle breezes. LIOB, Edrie

    ReplyDelete